How to get rid of Runny Nose (caused by allergies) at home
Rhinorrhea or Runny nose is a usual symptom that happens because of allergic reaction, infection, physical irritation or inflammation. Mucous membranes secrete nasal discharges located inside the nose. Inflammation of the nose is a usual cause of runny nose. Other than that includes the sinusitis, common cold and influenza. Running nose can be followed by sneezing, itching and/or redness.
Allergies may result in runny nose in some people, particularly in hay fever. In rarest cases, it can be a symptom of a severe head injury caused by damage to the brain. Overuse of nasal sprays, especially decongestants, is another cause of running nose. Few foods and other thorns may also cause this condition. At time it, but not always, is escorted by nasal congestion or stuffy nose. Though the main reason of runny nose include viral & bacterial infections, sleep, emotions, stress, meals, and many others. Nevertheless, low body oxygen content, on the level of cell, is invariably the key factor.
Whenever the nasal congestion is developed by infections, he/she will find that his or her mucus is green or yellow. This shows existence of dead bacteria in mucosal discharges. It often caused by allergies to some airborne contents like perfumes, dust, animal hair, dust mites, smoke, tree pollen, and many others, if this is the case then the problem is with hypersensitive state of immune system. An additional probable cause of large formation of clear mucus is milk products. These allergies take place because of either lactose (milk sugar) or casein (the main protein in milk).
Following are some of the natural remedies for those who want to learn how to get rid of runny nose caused by allergies:-
- Put two or three drops of almond oil in the nose to treat running nose.
- Take steam with add few drops of eucalyptus oil. This is best home remedy to open nose blockage & to treat cold & flu.
- Increase the consumption of fruits & food rich in Vitamin C, because its deficiency can cause cold easily. Taking Amla, sweet lime, grapes and oranges can help you to defend against cold.
- Tea with ginger is one of the most effective and popular home cure for cold. Boil ginger into water prior to boiling tea leaves to get beneficial results to cure cold.
- A usual home remedy for running nose is to breathe in the aroma of crushed thymol seeds.
- Taking 1/2 spoon of turmeric powder twice a day is a powerful home remedy to cure flu & runny nose.
- The best & simple way to cure running nose is to drink hot water for the day when you are suffering from cold.
By doing so your body is capable to use its energy to fight & win runny nose and its irritating symptoms.
How to get rid of Runny Nose : Short Term Solutions
Runny Nose can be caused by assortment of factors including virus or cold, allergic reaction like hay fever, medicines, changes in the environment and airborne chemicals. Before treatment you should know which reason caused your runny nose. It can be controlled temporarily either for a couple of minutes or mere seconds—by blowing the nose. Here are few ways that can give you longer relief; it may even stop runny nose entirely
By finding out the cause of runny nose, accordingly you can make a plan of action to execute. If you get runny nose due to virus or cold, the symptoms would more probable to be short-term & can be recovered to symptomatic relief. If it is due to allergic reaction, then take steps to keep off the potential allergens. You can also take medicine for allergy on regularly to decrease the symptoms. If you have a runny nose that has continued for weeks, you should seek advice from a doctor.
How to get rid of Runny Nose with short term solutions
Following are effective five-step to treat temporary runny noses caused by allergic reaction or changing weather without taking medicines:-
Gently massage on the corner side of the nose for at least 10 times, the place you squeeze if you found something with an awful smell. Be sure to have your nose nearly closed every time you put pressure on it.
Put pressure on the area just beneath the tear glands for at least 10 times. Clean your hands to evade irritation in the eyes.
Put pressure on the part just behind your nose for not less than 10 times.
Rub down your ear lobe for approximately ten seconds.
Repeat step 3 & 4 for the other side.
If you have a more severe case like accompanied with fever, it’s better to consult a doctor & have the actual source of virus treatment.
Some essential tips for the Short Term Solution
Don’t push the gristle of the nose. You might harm yourself rather than relieving from discomfort.
Drink plenty of liquids like water, juice & tea.
Breathe in steam from a steamer. This will help in breaking the congestion. It generally takes 10 to 15 minutes to work.
Have ample of hot soup. Chicken noodles are the ideal choice. Don’t eat very hot soup otherwise you will get numbing burn on tongue.
Runny Nose can truly be troubling and the irritation it brings can be wearisome. It can bear upon your hunger and spoil your mood. Curing it quickly and wittingly, will improve the way you approach your day, that’s for certain!
Learn how to get rid of “Runny Nose” : Super Six Ways
Runny Nose a big chafe! You feel stuffy and have to carry tissue where ever you go so that you can blow your nose every time you need to. Do you know that mucous secretion, even though gross, sticky & all in reality do several good things for you? This greasy material formed inside your nose precludes bacteria, dirt, pollen & germs from entering in your lungs. At times, mucus just seems to flow continuously. In this article you will find out how to get rid of runny nose, but before that it is advised to understand its causes.
Runny Nose can be caused by many different reasons:-
Flu or cold– When you are bearing from flu or cold, your nose forms more mucus to keep the intruders outside your lungs. This assures that the germs doesn’t cause more damage to your body & make your ailment worse. But you must be aware that more mucus entails a runny nose.
Allergic reaction –Runny Nose may also be caused due to allergic reactions to certain things like dust, animal hair and pollen. The body may reckon these objects as germs & so the brain guides your nose to form mucus to fight these intruders. This is particularly true for children.
Cold weather – When the climate is cold and you walk outside, your nose endeavors to warm the cold air prior to entering in your lungs. By doing so, the blood vessels within your nostrils expand, causing an increase in blood flow. But this results in more mucus formation.
Triggers – Your body’s reacts to some thorns that can cause a runny nose. Few of them include strong odors, spicy foods, detergents, tobacco smoke and car exhaust.
How to get rid of a Runny Nose in super six ways.
- Blow the nose: Yes, you read right, blow your nose. This natural way might be the easiest way to treat a runny nose. Be sure to do it softly & keep tissue with you.
- Steam: Having hot shower can make you feel more relaxed when you have a runny nose. You can also boil the water and take hot steam.
- Antihistamine: If you get a fluid discharge, it is probable that your runny nose is engendered by an allergic reaction. Discuss with your doctor and let him check if an allergy is sure. He may suggest you to take an antihistamine to cure the allergy.
- Suction bulb: To take out secretions from baby’s nose, you can make use of a soft rubber suction bulb.
- Decongestant: There are nonprescription oral decongestants which perhaps help you to alleviate a stuffy nose. Watch out not to use nasal nebulizers for more than 3 days as it can make the condition worse.
- Exercise: If you don’t prefer to use decongestant medicines, then exercise regularly because it acts as a natural decongestant.